Week 10 reflection
This one was very infuriating, its horrifying how men in gynecology can take advantage of women at their clinics. Frankly I'm not sure why men are in gynecology at all, they don't have the parts for it and they can really have no motive except maybe an interest. I feel like that's still a little creepy though. There's such a fine line between gynecology and assault, and it's very easy to manipulate that if you want to. Also, related to epidurals, it's interesting how it can go either way. A women can be persuaded to have an epidural, but also have an epidural rejected. This is a great representation of how personal biases affect medicine, it would be great to use in the presentation if as an example. One doctor may say what's best is one way, but another doctor might say the other for the same reasons. Either way in this instance I think it's safe to say the patient knows best.
What is the one thing you think must be addressed here?
ReplyDelete